Physical & Other Requirements:
- Current valid driving license.
- You may be required to work away from home, which will require overnight stays, in accordance with business needs.
- You will also be expected to undertake overtime as required; this is essential. Please note that all employees are expected to take their turn on the emergency cover rota thatentails being on call for a weekat a time including over a weekend or bank holiday every few months.
- Able to work outside on sites which are connected with wastewater (sewage).
- Able to carry out work tasks that involve physical strength, stamina, standing, kneeling or crouching.
- Capable of working at heights from scaffold platforms, ladders or mechanical equipment.
Competence and Qualifications:
- Served a recognised mechanical apprenticeship
- City & Guilds qualified.
- Confined spaces to City and Guilds (desirable)
- Banksman/slinger/crane supervisor (desirable)
- Manual handling qualification (desirable)
- Welding qualification
- Welding and fabrication using Tig. (Mig and MMA desirable)
Skills & Attributes:
- Sound knowledge of Industrial mechanical installation and maintenance.
- Good knowledge of Health & Safety issues in connection with the construction industry.
- Ability to read and interpret technical engineering drawings
- Ability to record detailed and accurate repairs information relating to jobs.
- Ability to prioritise workload and work in a systematic and organised manner to ensure work is completed within set timescales.
- IT literate – good computer skills.
- Use of initiative and good team skills.
- Water industry/environmental experience.
- Experience of working with a range of portable tools, small plant & equipment to enable work to be carried out.
- Able to communicate effectively to the customer and company management.
- Conduct the work activities in a professional manner and promote a positive image of the company.
- Stainless steel welding/repairing
- Disassemble and assemble components from machines
- Break down cover on a Rota basis.
- Working in workshops as required at any of the Company locations.
- Stripping and rebuilding machinery/ pumps/ heavy industrial equipment.
- Carry out site inspections and compile survey reports for quotation purposes.
- Access and interpret technical instructions using mobile electronic equipment.
- Carry out fault finding down to component level.
- To work as part of a team and to co-operate with other staff / trades.