Responsible for: Administrative support to a busy Service Department involved with the servicing and repair of wastewater equipment for water utilities companies across the UK.
Physical & Other Requirements:
• Self-motivated team player with a “can do” flexible approach.
• Works well on own initiative.
• Confidence & enthusiasm in embracing new technologies, learn new skills and take on new projects.
• Current valid driving license – desirable.
Competence and Qualifications:
• Good standard of education, preferably supported by a minimum of 4 ‘O’ Levels/GCSE's (grade C or above).
• Previous experience as an administrator/office environment and ideally completed an Administration apprenticeship or similar.
• Self-driven with the ability to prioritise workload and work in a systematic and organised manner to ensure work is completed within required timescales.
• Reliable & trustworthy with understanding of confidentiality.
Skills & Attributes:
• Excellent written and oral communication skills – both internally and externally, on all levels.
• Able to manage own workload and on own initiative.
• Excellent Microsoft Office (Word, Outlook and Excel) skills.
• Good with figures/financial understanding.
• Good interpersonal skills.
• To work as part of a team and to co-operate with other staff and engineers.
To provide general administrative support to the team:
• Project support; Filing, document handling, typing, ordering.
• Process finalised reports.
• Ordering spares and supplies both internally and externally.
• Gathering information and composing statistical data and scheduled reports.
• Dealing with telephone and email enquiries.
• To book accommodation, hire cars and cover reception/switchboard as and when required.
• Operate and update the Enterprise system.
• Maintain Enterprise UpToDate.
• Draft up reports and review Synchroteam reported data.
• Sending reports and correspondence to customers.
• Deal with customer enquiries/complaints.
• Logging and organising electronic copies of work reports.
• Maintaining monthly invoicing spreadsheet/reports.
• Generating purchase orders as requested.
• Take on special projects as requested by the Department Manager.
• To perform duties in accordance with all relevant legislation in particular the Health and Safety at Work Act.
• Any other duties which the company may reasonably require the individual to undertake.