Being part of the M & N Electrical and Mechanical Services Ltd team of engineers servicing and repairing wastewater equipment for Water Utility companies in the UK, conducting full service/inspections and repairs.
Having a good mechanical aptitude and overall sound knowledge of mechanical equipment.
Physical & Other Requirements:
- Current valid driving license.
- You may be required to work away from home, which will require overnight stays, in accordance with business needs.
- You will also be expected to undertake overtime as required; this is essential.
- You will be expected to take your turn on the emergency cover rota that entails being on call for a week at a time including over a weekend or bank holiday every few months.
- Able to work outside on sites which are connected with wastewater (sewage).
- Able to carry out work tasks that involve physical strength, stamina, standing, kneeling or crouching.
- Capable of working at heights from scaffold platforms, ladders or mechanical equipment.
Competence and Qualifications:
- Mechanically astute and/or be qualified or experienced of working in mechanical engineering.
- Confined spaces to City and Guilds (desirable)
- Manual handling qualification (desirable)
- Welding/fabrication and gas cutting experience desirable, TIG & MIG.
- Familiarity with computerised maintenance and reporting systems.
- Basic electrical skills such as safe isolation, cable terminations, glanding off, etc. (desirable).
Skills & Attributes:
- Sound knowledge of Industrial mechanical installation and maintenance.
- Good knowledge of Health & Safety issues in connection with the construction industry.
- Ability to record detailed and accurate repairs information relating to jobs.
- Ability to prioritise workload and work in a systematic and organised manner to ensure work is completed within set timescales.
- IT literate – good computer skills.
- Use of initiative and good team skills.
- Water industry/environmental experience (desirable).
- Ideally minimum of around 5 year’s practical experience working on industrial mechanical equipment.
- Experience of working with a range of portable tools, small plant & equipment to enable work to be carried out.
- Able to communicate effectively to the customer and company management.
- Conduct the work activities in a professional manner and promote a positive image of the company.
Please contact Fran de Haas on 01305 821142 for more information, or forward your CV and covering letter to email@example.com