Opportunity to join a new dynamic team dedicated to the supply of accurate, standardised and quality quotations in support of the Hydro/UKWWS business outputs.
A crucial part of the sales process this team will take potential sales information from a wide range of sources and develop accurate, timely quotations that meet the customers’ expectations, budget to achieve expected company margins. Quotations will include new product installations, repairs and maintenance, service and OEM spares.
Physical & Other Requirements:
- Current valid driving license.
- Some traveling which may require overnight stays.
- Participate in emergency cover rotation. Requires being on call for a week at a time including over a weekend or bank holiday every few months.
- Able to carry out work tasks that involve physical strength, stamina, standing, kneeling or crouching.
Competency & Qualifications:
- Engineering qualified to Degree/HND or equivalent or qualified by experience.
- Strong experience working on industrial equipment/engineering equipment preferable in a service environment or engineering related business. Water industry/environmental experience preferred.
- Sound knowledge and experience in making proposals for Industrial mechanical installation and maintenance.
- Knowledge of Health & Safety issues in connection with construction.
- Knowledge of industry standard construction methods and associated risks.
- Extensive knowledge of NEC3 & 4 Contract conditions and associated risks to the business.
- Proven track record within a proposals team environment.
- Knowledge of CDM requirements for Principal contractor/designer and sub-contractor roles.
- Confident in dealing with customers coupled with proven negotiating skills.
Skills & Attributes
- Self-driven/motivated with the ability to prioritise own workload.
- Work in a systematic and organised manner to complete work within set deadlines.
- Project planning and coordination.
- Competent IT skills with a focus on Microsoft Excel.
- Ability to review client issued NEC3/4 contracts and negotiate on behalf of the company to minimise risk to the business.
- Excellent business acumen.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Attention to detail/complex issues.
- Commercial awareness.