Responsible for managing projects in order to ensure the successful delivery of installation and refurbishment works projects, along with the fostering of relationships with all customers in order to deliver efficient and profitable projects to time, to cost and up to M&N’s quality standards. This role will involve significant project planning, customer liaison, leadership and good management of engineering project teams including project and service engineers working with and repairing wastewater equipment for Water Utility companies in the UK.
Physical & Other Requirements:
· Current valid driving license.
· Able to work outside on sites which relate to wastewater.
· Occasional overnight stays may be required.
Competency & Qualifications:
- Engineering qualified to Degree/HND or equivalent or qualified by experience.
- Some years’ experience working on industrial equipment/engineering equipment. Water industry/environmental experience required.
- SMSTS – Site safety management (Min).
- Knowledge of NEC 3 Contracts.
- Project management trained with experience in project management, planning and coordination.
- Success in delivering engineering projects to tight deadlines.
- Confined spaces to City and Guilds - preferred.
- Manual handling qualification - preferred.
- Sound knowledge of Industrial mechanical installation and maintenance.
- Installation, commissioning and setting up of mechanical/electrical equipment and controls.
- Knowledge of wastewater screens and the systems and processes within which they work.
- Knowledge of Health & Safety issues in connection with the construction industry.
- Ability to prioritise own workload and staff. Work in a systematic and organised manner to complete work within set deadlines.
- Excellent computer skills
- Ability to undertake risk assessments.
- Operating GANNT charts
- Good business acumen.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills and customer service skills.
- The coordination and delivery of high priority engineering projects and reactive and scheduled repair work.
- Initiate, plan, execute, control and close out projects to meet defined project parameters; time, cost and quality.
- Manage and advise other operations staff on contractual obligations.
- Mentor and advise other operations staff on technical details and best working practices for screen refurbishment including confined space entry work.
- Carry out site inspections/visits and compile survey reports for quotations.
- Estimate jobs, producing solutions and quotations for customers ensuring maximum profits whilst maintaining quality standards and an excellent customer service.
- Provide specific job costings and implement financial controls where needed.
- Ensure effective leadership and management to the engineering teams assigned to projects.
- Provide detailed project reports including GANNT charts where requested.
- Function in a way which supports the business objectives and develop the forward progression of the Company.
- To be consultative, problem solving and offer a solution orientated approach leading to sales of packages/value added systems including design, manufacture, supply, installation, commissioning, service, repair, maintenance and supply of spare parts.
- Be responsible for the profit and loss of projects.
- Liaise and support all other departments as needed in order to support M&N business objectives and develop the forward progression of the Company. Cross utilisation of manpower and assets.
- Ensure that all the Company policies and procedures for ISO9001, ISO14001 and OHSAS45001 are maintained and that regulations on health and safety are adhered to in order to maintain a safe working environment. This will include any customer’s specific regulations.