Being part of the M & N Electrical and Mechanical Services Ltd team of engineers servicing and repairing wastewater equipment for Water Utility companies in the UK. An apprentice trained or experienced Industrial Maintenance Electrician with electrical experience maintaining industrial equipment including controls fault finding and ideally experience of the installation of production line equipment.
- · Repairing electrical equipment.
- · Installation, commissioning, setting up and testing of mechanical/electrical equipment and controls.
- · Working out on customer sites across the country.
- · Working in workshops as required at any of the Company locations.
- · Stripping and rebuilding machinery/ pumps/ heavy industrial equipment.
- · Planned preventative maintenance (Industrial equipment & pumps).
- · Carry out site inspections and compile survey reports for quotation purposes.
- · Access and interpret technical instructions using mobile electronic equipment.
- · Carry out fault finding down to component level.
- · To work as part of a team and to co-operate with other staff / trades.
- Current valid driving license.
- You will be required to work away from home, which will require overnight stays, in accordance with business needs.
- You will also be expected to undertake overtime as required; this is essential. Please note that all employees are expected to take their turn on the occasional emergency cover rota.
- Able to work outside on sites which are connected with wastewater (sewage).
- Capable of working at heights from scaffold platforms, ladders or mechanical equipment.
- Undertake training and work as part of a confined space team (desirable).
Competence and Qualifications:
- Must have served a recognised electrical apprenticeship and gained NVQ level 3/SVQ Level 3 electrical installation and Part One & Two City & Guilds or equivalent.
- C&G 2380 (IEE Wiring Regs 18th Edition) (Desirable)
- JIB/ECS Gold card (Essential).
- C&G 2391 (Inspection & Testing) desirable.
- Experience of working with a range of portable tools, small plant & equipment to enable work to be carried out.