Being part of the M & N Electrical and Mechanical Services Ltd team of engineers servicing and repairing wastewater equipment for Water Utility companies in the UK. An apprentice trained or experienced Mechanical Engineer with environmental engineering experience maintaining industrial equipment, fault finding on heavy industrial machinery in a reactive industrial environment.
- Repairing mechanical equipment.
- Installation, commissioning, setting up and testing of mechanical/electrical equipment and controls.
- Working out on customer sites across the country.
- Working in workshops as required at any of the Company locations.
- Stripping and rebuilding machinery/ pumps/ heavy industrial equipment.
- Planned preventative maintenance (Industrial equipment & pumps).
- Carry out site inspections and compile survey reports for quotation purposes.
- Access and interpret technical instructions using mobile electronic equipment.
- Carry out fault finding down to component level.
- To work as part of a team and to co-operate with other staff / trades.
- Current valid driving license.
- You will be required to work away from home, which will require overnight stays, in accordance with business needs.
- Able to work outside on sites which are connected with wastewater (sewage).
- Capable of working at heights from scaffold platforms, ladders or mechanical equipment.
- You will also be expected to undertake overtime as required; this is essential. Please note that all employees are expected to take their turn on the occasional emergency cover rota.
Competence and Qualifications:
- Served a recognised mechanical apprenticeship
- City & Guilds qualified.
- Confined spaces to City and Guilds (desirable but not essential)
- Banksman slinger/crane supervisor (desirable but not essential)
Welding and fabrication using MMA.( TIG welding desirable but not essential).
Skills & Attributes:
- Sound knowledge of Industrial mechanical installation and maintenance.
- Good knowledge of Health & Safety issues in connection with the construction industry.
- Ability to record detailed and accurate repairs information relating to jobs.
- Ability to prioritise workload and work in a systematic and organised manner to ensure work is completed within set timescales.
- Use of initiative and good team skills.
- Water industry/environmental experience (desirable)
- Experience of working with a range of portable tools, small plant & equipment to enable work to be carried out.
- Able to communicate effectively to the customer and company management.
Please contact Fran de Haas on 01305 821142 for more information, or forward your CV and covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org