Lead Project Manager - Capital Contracts
Reporting to the Operations Manager this role will involve significant project planning, customer liaison, leadership and good management of engineering project teams including project and service engineers working with and repairing wastewater equipment.
Must hold a valid driving license and be willing to travel to and able to work on all sites within the UK which relate to wastewater to support the Project Management team. There may also be the occasional requirement to stay away overnight in accordance with business needs.
Competency & Qualifications:
- Engineering qualified to Degree/HND or equivalent or qualified by experience.
- Some years’ experience working on industrial equipment/engineering equipment. Water industry/environmental experience required.
- Project management trained with experience in project management, planning and coordination.
- Success in delivering engineering projects to tight deadlines.
- Track record in selling engineering services.
- A proven manager with several years of experience managing a team for successful delivery of time critical projects engineering projects.
- Confined spaces to City and Guilds preferred.
- Manual handling qualification preferred.
- Sound knowledge of Industrial mechanical installation and maintenance.
- Installation, commissioning and setting up of mechanical/electrical equipment and controls.
- Knowledge of wastewater screens and the systems and processes within which they work.
- Knowledge of Health & Safety issues in connection with the construction industry.
- Ability to prioritise own workload and staff. Work in a systematic and organised manner to complete work within set deadlines.
- Ability to carry out site inspections and compile survey reports for quotation purposes.
- Excellent computer skills
- Ability to undertake risk assessments.
- Operating GANNT charts
- Good business acumen.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills and customer service skills.
- Take ownership of all assigned jobs and lead the Projects Team to deliver them.
- Lead and advise the business on Customer contracts to include but not limited to NEC3, ensuring best practices are followed, as well as identifying and limiting all risks to the business.
- Ensure the Project Managers initiate, plan, execute, control and closeout projects to meet defined project parameters and use/update all jobs on the Company software as required.
- Estimate jobs within contractual time constraints, producing solutions and quotations for customers ensuring maximum profits are maintained. Provide specific job costings and implement financial controls where needed.
- Ensure effective leadership and management e.g. to time, quality, efficiencies, cost and other defined parameters. This includes the strict management of on-site staff under your control i.e. overtime, safety, quality etc.
- Provide detailed project reports including GANNT charts on request and be prepared to brief on Repair Team activity on the weekly Operations Coordination meeting.
- Liaise and support all other departments as needed in order to support M&N business objectives and develop the forward progression of the Company. Cross utilisation of manpower and assets.
- Maximise sales opportunities by offering innovative solutions to customers and encouraging all personnel to do the same.
- Utilize a consultative, problem solving approach and offer a solution orientated approach leading to excellent customer satisfaction.
- To be responsible for the profit and loss of the projects.
- Within your team; to ensure that all the Company policies and procedures for ISO9001, ISO14001 and OHSAS18001 are implemented and that regulations on health and safety are adhered to in order to maintain a safe working environment. This will include any customer’s specific regulations.